Note: Teh... means continue using the syllable teh for the remaining notes.
1. The notes in measure 1 are to be played "forte". The objective is to
attack the notes as crisply as possible. All notes should have the same pitch and
volume! The most common problems in measure 1 are:
2. In the beginning it may be necessary to play more than the prescribed amount of breath attacks and tongued notes in measure 1. When you are successful playing measure 1, proceed to measure 2.
3. The notes in measure 2 are to be played without separation (legato
tonguing). However the beginning of each note should be very clear and
definite. The common problems in measure 2 are:
4. Ideally, this exercise is to be continued to the lowest possible note. In the beginning, however, the lower notes may prove to be too difficult. One should take this to where he or she is comfortable and gradually increase the range downwards and upwards eventually reaching from the lowest possible note to the highest possible note.
5. If this exercise is practiced without the awareness of pitch, rhythm, and volume, you are wasting your time!!!
If there's anything you dont clearly understand on this sheet don't guess! Contact Mr. Morosco for further clarification.